I’m a fully qualified and accredited therapeutic counsellor. My foundation training is in counselling using a variety of ‘talking’ approaches to counselling, hence “Talking Journeys”. I very much tailor my approach to suit you. However, for those struggling to put things into words, or who want the opportunity to use their creativity, I offer several ways of communicating creatively; we can work with a sand tray, miniatures, stones, clay, or other art materials.
A weekly, confidential space away from everyday life is important for helping you to focus and slow down. I’m also able to look with you at how your spirituality works for you, if this would be of benefit.
What is discussed in the sessions is confidential. Rarely, I may need to breach confidentiality but only if you, or another person, is at risk of significant harm.
Those looking for a specific approach to therapy may wish to know that I work integratively using psychodynamic, existential and person-centred approaches. I also draw on Transactional Analysis, Gestalt and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques.
I’m accredited and registered by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I’m accountable to them for ensuring that I work ethically and professionally. I do this by receiving confidential supervision, and ongoing professional development, in accordance with their requirements.
I have a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) certificate (formerly known as the CRB certificate). This is produced by the Government when checking criminal records. I can show you the certificate when we meet and you can also check it online.
I am an approved counsellor for the Police Firearms Officers Association.
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Farnborough College of Technology).
- Diploma in Child Counselling (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education, London).
- Certificate in using Counselling Skills with Children using the Arts (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education, London).
- Accredited AVIGuk Initial Training Course (level 2 of 3)
- Certificate in Christian Counselling (Central Counselling and Training Services, Southampton).
- Sick Children’s Nursing (University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust)
- BSc. (Hons) Nursing (University of Surrey)